Tardiness and Absence Policies:
The tardiness and absence policy of your instructor may be stricter than the policy listed below and will supersede the SASLI policies. Please refer to the syllabus of your class for any adjustments to the policies.
Absence: An unexcused absence is any absence without prior approval from the instructor. Unanticipated medical/other emergencies may require additional documentation and approval from the administrative office in order to be considered “excused.”
- 1st unexcused absence = warning
- 2nd unexcused absence = 2nd warning + grade deduction
- 3rd unexcused absence = 3rd warning + sent to the SASLI administrative office
Total excused and unexcused absences may not exceed more than 5 days over the duration of the entire summer language program. SASLI’s classroom contact hour policy meets UW-Madison’s requirements for course credit fulfillment; therefore, exceeding a total of 5 excused and unexcused absences will result in automatic course failure. Any exception to SASLI’s absence policy above requires prior approval in writing from the SASLI administrative office.
- 1st time = warning
- 2nd time = 2nd warning
- 3rd time = grade deduction
- 4th time = sent to administrative office/possible additional grade deduction