The SASLI 2022 Lecturer and Faculty Assistant applications will open in the coming months.
For those interested in applying for this upcoming summer, we encourage you to keep reading for more information about completing the Instructor Application.
Apply to Teach at SASLI
For detailed listings of the current job openings, please visit the Position Vacancy Listings (PVLs) linked below. Please read the PVL postings carefully and contact us if you have questions:
For Lecturers: The deadline for 2022 will be announced shortly.
For Faculty Assistants:The deadline for 2022 will be announced shortly.
Applications must be submitted through the UW-Madison online job portal. The Summer 2022 application has not opened yet. Required materials for the online portal will include:
- A letter of application
- An up-to-date curriculum vitae
- A document stating for which language and preferred level you wish to be considered. You may choose more than one level, but you must rank the levels in the order of your preference. Please review this document with samples of language preference formats.
Please pay attention to the following when applying:
- Applications sent by mail or email will not be accepted.
- Please do not submit applications for languages other than those listed on the PVL.
- You must submit all three items (cover letter, CV, language(s)/level(s) of interest) in order to be considered for a position.
- Instructor position dates are one week longer than the dates of SASLI classes, as instructors are expected to participate in the entirety of pedagogy training prior to the start of the program.
Some applications will be selected for further review and will be required to submit additional information to SASLI.
Applicants selected for further review will be asked to submit the following:
- Same cover letter and CV
- Two letters of recommendation
- A sample syllabus for the language and preferred level that includes a sample lesson plan for 1 week detailed with 4 hours of class time per day (Lecturer applicants only) – More information about the class format for the purpose of creating a sample syllabus will be given at the time that finalists are selected.
- Student evaluations from past courses taught (required of Lecturer applicants, recommended for FA applicants if available).
Not all applications will be selected for this second review. Please contact SASLI with any questions about this process.