The instructor application to teach at SASLI 2023 is now closed.
All interested applicants should read the job postings carefully as the application process differs from previous application cycles. Please contact us if you have questions.
Please note the following when applying:
- Hiring is contingent upon sufficient enrollment. Class confirmations and cancellations are determined throughout spring once the March 15 student application deadline has passed and as students register. If you have not heard from us, your application may be on hold until student enrollment numbers stabilize and we can make more informed hiring decisions.
- SASLI will send contingency offers to inform applicants that they have been officially selected as the instructor for a particular course pending its confirmation.
- Please only submit applications for languages listed on the PVL.
- You must submit all of the required application materials to be considered:
- Cover letter addressing teaching philosophy, language(s) and level(s) applying to teach, and number of semesters taught in higher education language courses or equivalent experience;
- Sample syllabus of the preferred language and level applying to teach;
- List of 3 professional references;
- Student evaluations are strongly encouraged. The SASLI hiring committee will review student and performance evaluations from instructors who have previously taught at SASLI.
- Instructor position dates are one week longer than the dates of SASLI classes, as instructors are expected to participate in pre-program pedagogy training.