Tuition for SASLI 2023 is set at $5000, which is based on standard UW-Madison summer tuition rates.
SASLI is committed to making instruction as affordable as possible while keeping the highest quality of language education. SASLI assures all admitted students that they will receive scholarships so that the maximum out-of-pocket tuition cost will not exceed the predetermined tuition amount.
The tuition amount includes the UW-Madison segregated fees that grant you access to a bus pass, gym membership, and other campus discounts and services. Tuition does not include the cost of textbooks, living expenses, or the new student transcript fee charged only to any student who has never taken a course at UW-Madison. This one-time fee of $130 has the benefit of unlimited transcript orders.
All applications require a $25 fee to be paid upon submission of the online application.
*UW-Madison Undergraduate Resident Students and Undergraduate Minnesota Resident Students who are already enrolled in a degree-seeking program at UW-Madison pay the regular undergraduate tuition for eight credits at SASLI as posted on the UW Bursar’s Office Website. If one of these categories applies to you, please notify SASLI as soon as possible to ensure you are charged the correct tuition amount.
- Student bills will be accessible through your MyUW account (click the ‘Financial’ tab). Payment is made through the UW-Madison Office of the Registrar Bursar’s Office. If you have questions regarding payment procedures, deadlines, and notifications, contact the office directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Student Accounts and Cashiering at (608) 262-3611.
- Segregated Fees grant access to the campus gyms, libraries, free student bus pass, university health center (not health insurance), and purchasing beverages at the student union.
- UW-Madison Undergraduate Resident Students and Undergraduate Minnesota Resident Students are not eligible for the $1000 Fee Remission, as their posted tuition is already lower than the SASLI program fee. Updated costs for 8 credits for these two categories of students can be found on the UW Tuition and Segregated fees Workbook.
- All students will be billed for the entire 8-week session at the start of SASLI, and no refunds will be issued after the first Friday of classes. For more information, please visit the refund policy page.
- SASLI does not allow students to audit courses.
- SASLI does not accept Big Ten Academic Alliance (BTAA) Grants.
- If someone is sponsoring your participation in SASLI (i.e., paying your tuition), please visit the 3rd-Party Payments page.
- SASLI tuition does not include external fees for room and board. Though these costs can vary widely, we encourage students to budget approximately $500-700 per month to support their language studies.
Please contact SASLI if you have further questions about program costs.